Teacher Grant Program
GRANT PROGRAM DETAILS
We realize that unique needs may come up throughout the 2020-21 school year and SchoolPower hopes to support LBUSD educators during this uncertain time.
Grant Program Goals (COVID Impact Fund):
- To support educators for needs that arise in the 2020/21 school year for distance or in-person learning
- To encourage excellence and innovation in teaching
- To fund innovative or additional programs in the LBUSD that might not otherwise be possible within current district budget priorities
- To expand upon current curriculum with innovative teaching strategies
- To build on successfully executed grants from past years
All teachers, administrators, classified staff of LBUSD, and coaches are eligible to apply for grants, as long as direct impact on students can be demonstrated.
Scope and Requirements
Grant awards are based on the demonstrated needs of the project and the funds available. In some cases, an award may cover only a portion of the entire projected cost. A detailed budget is essential for projected costs, describing how the entire budget will be spent. Please present the precise cost (not estimates), in your grant application.
All expenditures for equipment and supplies must be consistent with the description outlined in the application. All materials and equipment purchased with SEF funds become the property of the LBUSD.
Grants are not intended to pay for college or graduate school courses, or programs for which funds are otherwise available. Nor should they be used to purchase materials, such as core curriculum text and standard school supplies, which should be covered in the school’s operational budget.
Please note that first-time grants may receive priority.
Criteria for Evaluation
Your Principal, Deputy Superintendent of Instructional Services, SchoolPower Teacher Grant Committee and in some cases the Chief Technology Officer or Director of Facilities will be looking at each grant application. Criteria used to evaluate will include but not limited to:
- Need/Student Benefit
- Clear Plan (implementation, assessment, sustainability)
- Cost/Benefit Ratio
- Reach (number of students impacted)
- Is SchoolPower the best funding source?
- The grant application process is open now and will continue to be open throughout the bulk of the school year.
- The Grant Application Form is online. Applications will only be accepted via the Google form; no paper applications.
- Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis and we hope to respond to grant requests within two weeks.
Please note that due to limited funds, not all worthy applications are approved in any given year.